Skip to a section in this page:
Navigate to a main section,
the navigation within each section,
or the main content.
PROCEDURES TO DEVELOP A THESIS
- Select the topic of your interest.
- Research the current developments in the area, "state-of-the-art".
- Develop a thesis to add something new to the area of your interest.
- Approach one of our graduate faculty members, someone with expressed interest in the
area and obtain her/his agreement to work with you.
- Register for CSC590. Please note, completion of 15 credits in Master's program and departmental permission will be required to register for CSC590
- Develop your proposal. Proposal should be expressed in "future tense" and followIEEE format. The Office of Graduate Studies has a complete set of guidelines you can find.
- Cover page
- Literature review
- Contributions of the project to the field of study
- Submit your proposal to your faculty advisor for approval.
- After obtaining your advisor's approval, obtain the approval of the chairperson of
- The copy of proposal with both signatures should be submitted to the office of graduate
studies for their approval.
- Once approval of all parties granted, you have completed the requirements of CSC590, your advisor may give you a passing grade.
- Register for CSC591.
- Develop your thesis using the SCSU thesis guidelines.
- Submit final report to your advisor for approval.
- Submit final report to department chair for approval.
- Submit final report to graduate studies for approval.
- Have your thesis microfilmed by Bell and Howell.
- If you wish to copyright your thesis contact the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Arrange a date and time for presentation of your thesis to the members of the department
and SCSU community.