The following are internship opportunities sent to the Journalism Department for posting:
Multimedia Intern -- Subway World Headquarters
Subway World Headquarters in Milford is seeking a multimedia intern for spring 2014. Looking for someone with a background in video production and a strong working knowledge of Final Cut Pro. Contact John Roll, Multimedia Communications Supervisor at (203) 877-4281 ext. 1642 or email@example.com. Posted Dec. 2013
Public Affairs/Communications Internships -- Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education
Fast-paced public affairs office at the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR) office located at 39 Woodland St. in Hartford seeks a bright student for a public affairs/communications internship. The BOR oversees the state’s four universities, 12 community colleges and one online college.
- Communications, English, or Journalism related degree preferred
- Junior or Senior preferred
- Must be talented writer, self starter, detail-oriented, and able to juggle a variety of tasks.
- Internship will be primarily focused on writing assignments for the system’s Discuss magazine under tight deadlines.
- Candidate will be responsible for working with managing editor and graphic designer on organizing stories, collecting information and writing for the magazine which is published three times a year.
- Work with public affairs staff representatives from BOR’s four universities, 12 community colleges and one online college, and other members of BOR staff to collect information for magazine articles.
- Assist Public Affairs staff in a variety of projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week.
Internships will be offered for class credit.
Submit resume with cover letter and writing sample toTerri Raimondi, Public Relations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 6, 2013
Google Journalism Fellowship
The program is aimed at undergraduate, graduate and journalism students interested in using technology to tell stories in new and dynamic ways. The Fellows will get the opportunity to spend the summer contributing to a variety of organizations -- from those that are steeped in investigative journalism to those working for press freedom around the world and to those that are helping the industry figure out its future in the digital age.