Internship opportunities sent to the Journalism Department will be posted here. For more information about the steps to complete the internship, click here.
Fresh Air Radio
Fresh Air Radio is looking to interns in marketing, web/social media, programming/news and broadcast engineering. The ideal student should have interest or academic experience majoring in broadcasting, communication, journalism and public relations, as well as digital and graphic design experience.
The following qualifications are desired:
- Perfect written, verbal and editing skills
- Experience with digital media software, WordPress and various social media platforms
- Experience with HTML, fireworks, video editing software, iMovie or equivalent
- Interest in gospel trends and artist news preferred
- Familiarity with working with audio soundboard as well as other broadcasting equipment
- Schedules are for three consecutive days per week, 25 hours each week.
Please submit resume to email@example.com by Feb. 12. If you have any questions, please call (203) 624-6245.
Posted Jan. 21, 2016
Chapel Haven is seeking a part-time communications intern to assist the Vice President of Admissions and Marketing. This internship would provide valuable experience in helping Chapel Haven maximize social media, traditional press outreach and other PR tools to increase its visibility and keep stakeholder audiences well informed. Hours are flexible, not to exceed 20 hours per week. A stipend of $500 per semester is available and will be paid at the end of each academic semester.
The communications intern will help with social media, press releases, and programs/events. The following skills are needed:
- a keen interest in learning more about public relations, writing, social media and marketing.
- an interest in learning more about special education and the disability field helpful
- excellent written communication, oral presentation skills and analytical skills
- ability to use a computer for data processing, information retrieval, e-mail
- flexibility and ability to take directions for a busy office
Please submit all letters of interest and writing samples to Catherine Sullivan-DeCarlo, vice president of admissions and marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Nov. 30, 2015
1to1 Media, a multimedia business publication based in Stamford, is looking for interns for the winter, spring and summer 2016semesters. We provide daily online news content, webinars, social posts and videos on the topic of customer experience strategy for a business audience.
We're looking for someone to assist with the editorial responsibilities this summer. This is NOT a position for someone who just gets coffee or makes copies. Responsibilities include: Writing, researching, proofreading content, posting articles to the website, finding images, video editing, assisting with daily social media efforts.
Knowledge of HTML, Adobe InDesign, and video editing tools a plus! Some writing experience is required, as well as great interview skills. We're a business casual environment without the stuffiness of a traditional workplace. Good attitude a must!
We’re located in downtown Stamford, accessible by car or Metro-North.
For more information, contact adjunct professor Liz Glagowski at email@example.com, or inquire in the journalism office.
Posted Sept. 3, 2015