As part of our ongoing commitment to GeoGebra training and support, we are offering the following professional development opportunities for both pre-service and in-service teachers.
next eventIn the planning stages...
future eventsNone scheduled right now.
First annual southern connecticut geogebra conference
8:30AM-3:00PM November 5, 2013
- Access presentation materials from our materials page.
- CONFERENCE PROGRAM: download PDF. Changes to the program, if any, will be posted here and made available the day of the conference.
- For beginner and experienced users
- Suited to classroom teachers, university faculty, and others
- CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: Presentations are open to all GeoGebra users who would like to share their experiences with their colleagues. We are particularly interested in presentations that bring together K-16 students, classroom teachers, and/ore university faculty around the effective use of GeoGebra. The deadline for proposals is October 7, 2013.
- Participation fee is $30, which includes coffee and lunch
- Download informational flyer here.
- Come back soon for program.
registration is closed
parking and campus map
Parking is available in the Wintergreen Avenue Garage (#38 on campus map). Sessions will be held in the Adanti Student Center and Engleman Hall (#15 and #11 on campus map).
View larger Wintergreen Avenue Garage map
|Click below for a full map of campus:|
May 29, 2013
Introduction to GeoGebra
1:30-5:00 in Engleman Hall B 221
Download flyer with full information here.
- Coffee and snack provided
- Each attendee will receive a GeoGebra User Certification
- Special Lines in a Triangle(GGB)
- Perpendicular Lines (Slopes)(GGB)
- Similarity--Perimeters and Areas(HTML)
- Parabolas--Standard Form and General Form(GGB)
- Parabolas--Target Function (HTML)
August 21-22, 2013: Training workshops
- FREE of charge
- Led by the GeoGebra Institute of Southern Connecticut
- Coffee and snack provided
- Seating in each session is limited to 25 participants
- Upon successful completion, participants will receive GeoGebra certification
- Download flyer with detailed announcement
NOTE: Parking is available at the new Wintergreen Parking Lot on Wintergreen Avenue. See map.
Expert USER TRAINING
Wednesday August 21 8:30-12:30 and Thursday August 22 1:30-5:30. You must attend both days to complete this training.
In this session, participants will learn how to use the different tools and features of GeoGebra at a mastery level.
Thursday August 22, 2013 9:00-12:30 only. You will attend only one day to complete this training.
In this session, participants will begin by interacting with entry-level components of the software yet leave with an in-depth understanding on how to use GeoGebra with a focus on its implementation in the secondary classroom.