Bachelor of Science - Secondary Education
In addition to the Mathematics Major Core Requirements, the following are required:
- MAT 300 History of Mathematics
- MAT 320 Probability and Statistics I
- MAT 360 Foundations of Geometry
- MAT 375 Abstract Algebra I
- MAT 378 Discrete Mathematics
- MAT 405 Elementary Mathematics from an Advanced Standpoint
- MAT 490 Teaching Mathematics in the Secondary School
- MAT 494 Student Teaching--Mathematics
- IDS 470 Literature and Content
- IDS 471 English Language Learners in the Classroom
The specific professional requirements for Initial Teaching Certification in Connecticut are listed under the major programs in secondary education in the School of Education.
Here is the student handbook for undergraduate students in B.S. in mathematics program with certification.