Psychology club, or "psych" club as it is commonly known on campus, is a club committed to promoting knowledge and the appreciation of psychology to students through an assortment of social and educational activities. The club was established as a forum for all those interested in psychology. Anyone with an interest in psychology (major or not) is encouraged to attend club meetings and become an active member.
Meetings: The Psychology Club meets every Monday from 12:45-1:45pm in the Psychology Department Library (Engleman D055a).
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. To be eligible for membership, you must:
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of the college course
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (>3.22)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
If you meet these criteria and are interested in becoming a member, please visit the Psi Chi website and complete the on-line application form here.
The lifetime membership fee of $75, which includes $55 international dues and $20 local dues, will be due once your application has been approved.
Chapter meetings are open to all who are interested, regardless of membership status. This semester (Fall 2013), we meet in EN D055 on Mondays from 12:45-1:45 with Psychology Club.
An induction ceremony for new members is held annually each spring.
For more information, please contact Psi Chi.
More information about Psi Chi at SCSU
Psi Chi at Homecoming