ECO/FIN Student Learning outcomes
1. The student will develop an understanding of the unique perspective of economics.
- Demonstrate understanding of major fields in the discipline
- Identify/formulate economic problems/issues
- Be familiar with professional and secular literature and able to differentiate between
2. The student will develop a basic proficiency in using the theories and tools of economics.
- Understand and apply core theoretical frameworks
- Make appropriate use of professional and secular literature and able to differentiate between the two
- Propose solutions to basic problems
- Evaluate the work of others
3. The student will develop appropriate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Collect, present, analyze and interpret data
- Make appropriate inferences from data
4. The student will develop effective communication skills appropriate to the discipline.
Write and communicate technical material clearly and effectively according the standards of the profession; (use appropriate style in writing www.aeaweb.org/aer/styleguide.html, use appropriate technology)
- Make formal and informal oral presentations effectively
5. The student will develop proficiency in using current technology appropriate to the discipline including statistical packages, databases and library and internet skills for research.