To obtain information/application packets, applicants should download the forms below or contact the Counseling and School Psychology Department office at (203) 392-5910 or contact the CMHC program coorindator, Dr. Louisa Foss-Kelly, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for the program must:
1) Academic background: students must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
2) Although no particular undergraduate major is required, students should take the following prerequisites:
- Introduction to psychology
- Psychological Statistics
- Abnormal psychology or psychopathology
3) Evidence of a desire to enter the profession and knowledge of the field.
4) Evidence of exceptional interpersonal skills (relationships and communication).
5) Strong recommendations from at least three individuals who know the candidate in a professional and/or academic setting.
6) Submit a 500-word essay describing the basis of their interest in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program and their desire to enter the profession.
7) Submit a resume.
8) If invited, meet with the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Faculty members for an admissions interview.