Last Updated: October 15, 2014
In order to be considered for admission to the program the following fall, all admissions materials must be received by January 15th. In order to apply to the program, please follow the steps below:
- Complete a formal application to Southern Connecticut State University’s Graduate School. The application can be found and completed online. A non-refundable fee of $50 must be paid at the time of submission.
- Send an official transcript for all colleges attended to the Graduate School.
- Send your PRAXIS-I/Praxis CORE Scores or Waiver form to the Graduate School.
- Send three completed recommendation forms. Written letters are welcome to accompany the recommendation form, but note that the recommendation form is required. At least one recommendation should be from someone who can speak to your intellectual and academic skills.
- Personal essay with cover sheet: Explain your reasons for wanting to enter the field of school counseling and the SCSU School Counseling program in particular. This typed/word processed essay should be approximately 500 words in length.
- Current Resume or Vita.
When all the above have been received, the School Counseling Admissions committee will screen your application. Candidates selected will be contacted for a personal interview.
We strongly recommend that you contact our office at (203) 392-5910 to be sure that all your application material has been received. Critical parts of your application materials may be lost in the mail; references may not be received; applications and/or transcripts sometimes get misdirected. Please contact us if you have questions about our program or the admissions procedure.