Graduate Education Programs
A student interested in an education program should first become familar with the School of Education's mission, principles, and requirements.
Click here to access the School of Education Web site.
The degree and certification programs in Graduate Elementary Education include:
- Collaborative Early Childhood and Special Education (with certification in Birth to Kindergarten or in Nursery to Grade 3)
- Certification in Elementary Education
- Master of Science in Elementary Education
- Master of Science in Elementary Education with Certification
- 6th Year Professional Diploma/Classroom Teacher Specialist
- 6th Year Professional Diploma/Educational Coach
All applicants to certification programs must meet the certification requirements of the State of Connecticut. Applicants should schedule an initial meeting for a transcript evaluation with a graduate coordinator. Additional undergraduate coursework may be required of students whose preparation indicates deficiencies in areas mandated by the state for certification.
Requirements for each program vary. Prospective students should contact the coordinator of a program in order to determine a course of study. Click Apply to access an application to the Office of Graduate Studies, as well as other forms and information.
Students seeking a degree in any subject in secondary education, such as history, sciences, mathematics, art, foreign languages, or English, must contact the department of that subject. Click here for a list of these subjects by department.