The application for spring 2015 student teaching is now available.
Please review the documents included below for detailed information regarding the application process.
ALL STUDENT TEACHER CANDIDATES MUST ATTEND A
CANDIDATE INFORMATION MEETING.
Candidate Information Flyer.
INFORMATION MEETING DATES:
Tuesday, April 22 3:00 - 4:00 PM Davis 211
Monday, April 28 3:00 - 4:00 PM Davis 122
Friday, May 2 12:00 - 1:00 PM Davis 224
Check back for summer & September dates
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: Monday, April 14
Candidates may establish their application and prepare documents but should NOT attach documents or submit their application until they attend an information meeting and meet with a representative from the Office of Clinical Field Placements to review their materials. See below for information regarding meeting schedules. Individual appointments are scheduled at information meetings. All meetings will occur January & February 2014.
Candidates submitting a complete application by August 15 will have first placement consideration. Applications must be complete and are pending subject area department approval. Completed applications include:
- Completed TK20 application (including reviewed resume, cover letter, & philosophy statement)
- REQUIRED: Attendance at a general information meeting AND individual consultation meeting to review application materials
- Proof of background check & fingerprints on file (background check must have been processed after May 2, 2012
- Acceptance into the School of Education
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 & completion of all required PRAXIS & ACTFAL TESTS posted
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE UNTIL: Friday, October 3
Completed applications received on/after February 9are not guaranteed for placement in the spring semester. No applications will be accepted after October 3.
APPLICATION PACKET INFORMATION:
- Timeline & Important Information
- Candidate Checklist
- Student Teaching Dates
- Application Instructions
- Application Sample (APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN TK20)
- Sample Cover Letters & Resumes
For additional questions, please contact us at:
Office of Clinical Field Experiences & School of Education Student Services
110 Davis Hall, SCSU