Leadership Development Minor
The Leadership Development minor consists of 18 credits and is designed to provide students with foundational and contextual leadership principles and practice that expand their ability to exercise leadership in their private, professional, and civic lives.
Required Courses / Learning Outcomes:
- Develop knowledge of the foundations of leadership:
REC 120 - Leadership Development (3 credits)
- Apply leadership principles to group dynamics and process:
REC 210 - Activity Development & Leadership (3 credits)
REC 241 - Outdoor Adventure Leadership (3 credits)
- Develop skills in fostering ethics and an appreciation for diversity, global awareness,
and cultural context in leadership:
Select two (6 credits) - ANT 101, ANT 201, GEO 110, PHI 120, PHI 207, PHI 326, PSY 219, REC 207, REC 220, REC 251, REC 307, SOC 215, SOC 216, SOC 265, SOC 310.
- To learn about cultivating leadership skills in organizational contexts:
Select one (3 credits) - COM 215, COM 225, PSC 200, PSC 310, PSC 350, PSC 351, PSC 354, SOC 211, SWK 200.
- Demonstrate community engagement and leadership in practice:
REC 401 - Practicum II (3 credits)