- The number of recreation and fitness workers should grow by 21.1% in the next several years, adding more than 120,000 new positions (The Bureau Labor Statistics).
- Non-profits, including youth-serving agencies, employ 11% of Connecticut’s workforce and generated over $8.7 billion in wages in 2008 (CT Association of Non-Profits).
- Non-profits made up 9% of all wages and salaries paid in the United States, as of 2009 (National Center for Charitable Statistics).
- Countries with greater recreational opportunities also had higher rates of physical
activity, lower health care expenditures, and lower obesity rates (NRPA).
- Public park and playground use has increased 30% by families with children during the current period of economic difficulty (NRPA).