Undergraduate students in the sport management concentration will demonstrate knowledge, comprehension and application in the following areas.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the management of human,
fiscal and physical resources as they relate to sport.
2. Identify the various sectors within the sport industry.
3. Identify and explain the organizational structure,
communication and political governance of sport organizations.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant legal issues in sport.
5. Understand, explain and critique ethical issues confronting the sports industry.
6. Design and execute a sport event strategic management plan.
7. Develop a sport marketing plan.
8. Identify the components of a sport specific risk management plan.
9. Understand and explain the critical elements of a turf management program.
10. Visit and describe sport facilities and compare and contrast venues.
10. Research and explain global issues in sport management.