Advising and Registration
Please CONTACT ADVISORs DIRECTLY to schedule an appointment.
- All Social Work majors not yet in the BSW program should meet with Professor Tony Maltese. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Students who have applied to the BSW program for Fall 2014, including transfer students, should meet with Dr. Elizabeth Keenan. Email her at email@example.com or call (203) 392-5108.
- Students currently in the BSW program should already have an advisor assigned to them. Email Dr. Elizabeth Rodriguez-Keyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 392-6543.
*If you are not sure who your advisor is, please see Advisor Lists links below.
* Social work students assigned to Dr. Schneider, please schedule your advising appointment this semester
with Dr. Rodriguez-Keyes. If you have any questions regarding the BSW program, please
contact Dr. Rodriguez-Keyes.
Preparation for advising:
To find out general information regarding AUR or LEP requirements, please see the advising powerpoint pdf on the BSW website: https://www.southernct.edu/academics/schools/health/academic-programs/socialwork/bachelorsprogram/advisingpowerpoints.html
- Please bring a copy of your most recent degree evaluation to your appointment**.
- Advising appointments will be available beginning Monday, March 24th.
- Registration dates are as follows:
Seniors: Tuesday, April 8th; Juniors: Monday, April 14th
Sophomores: Wednesday, April 16th & Freshmen: Monday April 21st.
- Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Rodriguez-Keyes at email@example.com with any questions.
Academic Advisement - Who, what, when, where and how?
Advisors ensure that students are completing social work courses in the scheduled developmental progression, provide guidance regarding completion of remaining university and cognate requirements, and discuss students' interests for their field placement, graduate school, and future employment in the profession. Advisors also provide alternate pin numbers each semester. Junior and Senior students who have been accepted into the BSW program are assigned a faculty advisor to meet with each semester until they graduate.
Schedule an advising appointment: October and March are the months to remember to schedule a time for advisement for the next semester. Check your OWLS email for instructions and links to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions or you did not receive the instructional email, please contact Dr. Elizabeth Rodriguez-Keyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is my advisor? Students who have not yet applied to the BSW program should contact Dr. Elizabeth Rodriguez-Keyes.
*2013/2014 BSW Advisor Lists: Juniors Seniors
Find your registration date each semester by going to http://www.southernct.edu/registrar/
Juniors and Seniors, please click on the BSW Course Progression tab to the left to preview which courses you should register for and when.
Social Work department faculty do not give out alternate pin numbers without first meeting with a student.
**Degree Evaluation: From the Southern home page, log into Banner (as if you were going to register for classes). Click on Records, then on Degree Evaluation. Make sure you are listed as a social work major. [If not, come to the department and complete a declaration of major form which can be obtained from the student workers or the department secretary]. Continue to follow the prompts, and select detail requirements to see your BSW program on the screen. The courses that have a NO next to them still need to be completed.