Verification is the process used to confirm the data reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When the federal government selects your FAFSA for verification, the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships is required to collect the source documentation to confirm the data.
Applicants selected for verification will receive notification via their OWLS email account. You will be directed to Banner, where the requirements are listed. Some forms are available on our website, while other documentation is provided by you.
In some cases, your financial aid officer may require additional information to complete the verification process. Financial aid eligibility cannot be determined until all documents have been submitted and reviewed by our office. You may need to submit one or more of the following documents listed below:
- 2013-2014 Verification Worksheet (dependent or independent)
- Your 2012 federal tax transcript from the IRS office.
- Your parents 2012 federal tax transcript from the IRS office (dependent students only).
- 2013-2014 Asset Verification Form
- 2013-2014 Student/Parent Non-Filers' Statement
- Verification of Child Support Paid in 2012
- 2013-2014 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Additional documentation may be required in certain verification cases.
Each of these required documents for verification must be submitted to OFAS in order to determine your financial aid eligibility by July 1. Students who submit the requested documents after July 1 will have to pay their bill up front or enroll in a payment plan until the financial aid is in place.