Upcoming EVENTS for SCSU alumni
Alumni Networks are being established in Connecticut and throughout the United States in areas where we have large concentrations of alumni. These networks are being designed to help alumni make connections, both socially and professionally and stay connected with Southern. We will need your help in administering them. Each network will have a chairperson and a core group of volunteers to plan events as well as set and accomplish goals of the group. If you would like to help, please contact Michelle Johnston via email or phone at 203-392-6500. See below for a list of network events currently being planned.
Watch for news of Alumni Network Kick-offs and meetings in your area!
Network Chairs in your Area
Network chairs can be reached by clicking on the names below or visit our SCSU Alumni Network Facebook pages by clicking the name of the chair.SCSU Boston Alumni Network - Rob Simpson, '83, Chair, Briana O'Neill, MS '13 SCSU New York City Alumni Network -Aba Hayford, '10, Chair SCSU Washington, D.C Alumni Network - Jamie Alvarado-Taylor, '05, MA '08 and Shaundricka Ranel, '07 SCSU New Haven Area Alumni Network -TBD SCSU Naples, Florida Area Alumni Network -TBD SCSU New London/Southern Rhode Island Network -Andrew Lawn, '09
SCSU Boca Raton, Florida Area Alumni Network -Harry Howell, '68 SCSU Philadelphia Network - TBD
DAte changed due to weather issues
now Tuesday, October 10, 2017
alumni professionals dayNOW: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 Academic Quad Southern Connecticut State University 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Alumni - Student Event 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Alumni Reception in Lyman Center Lobby Alumni Professionals Day is a very special day where our students have the opportunity to sit down with our alumni who work in a wide variety of professions in a relaxed atmosphere with a cup of coffee and ask them questions about what it is really like to work in that field. The tables are small and the atmosphere is cozy. We serve some light refreshments so it is very easy to break the ice. We would love your help!
From the students' comments over the past seven years, we know that our alumni have had a great impact on their choice of career. It's a great opportunity for students to see the kinds of careers that can be forged with various majors and how your professional path took you to where you are today.
Following the Alumni Professionals Day event, there will be an opportunity for you to socialize and network with other participating alumni, have a glass of wine and sample some delicious hors d'oeuvres at a reception in the Lyman Center Lobby, right next door from 4:30 - 6:00 pm.
I hope you will be able to join us on Tuesday, October 10, 2017. The input you share with our students may make all the difference in their choice of career.
For the first time, Alumni Professionals Day will be followed up in the fall with a continuation of our Mentoring Program, which we began four years ago (October 24th). By matching students with mentors in the fall, we will give our mentors and students an entire academic year to work together.
When registering for Alumni Professionals Day, you may also register to be a mentor.
We thank you for your continued support and involvement with our students. If you have already registered, thank you! We look forward to seeing you on October 10th. Click here to register as a participant.
Dinner and GameFriday, September 29, 2017 6:00 p.m. Dinner 7:00 p.m. SCSU vs. UNH Jess Dow Field Southern CT State University
The 2017 SCSU Football Program is celebrating its 70th Season!
Please join former football players (SCSU Alumni Football Network) for a light dinner and the SCSU vs UNH game. Dinner will be under the blue tents on the right hand side of Jess Dow Field. $20 per person includes dinner and game ticket. Tickets for registrants will be at Will Call. In honor of SCSU's 70th football season, please consider making a much-needed donation to the SCSU Football Program. With your donation of $70 or more, you will receive a limited-edition 70th football season t-shirt. Gifts of any denomination are welcomed and appreciated by our football coaching staff and our football student athletes. Click here to register and/or make your gift. We look forward to seeing you there! Southern's Alumni Football Network Advocates: Larry Ciotti, '66, MS '71, SY '92, Steve Feldman, '68, MS '70, Joe Ginnetti, '69, MS '75, Carolyn Vanacore, '52, MS '68, SY '73 Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations with any questions: Doreen Cammarata-Gilhuly 203-392-8824
Washington, dc network
Washington Nationals vs. Pittsburgh PiratesSunday, October 1, 2017 3:05 Game Nationals Field 1500 South Capitol Street, SE Washington, DC Navy Yard - Ballpark Metrorail Station - Green Line
Nationals Fan? Pirates Fan? Come to a Nationals game in DC with SCSU Alumni!
A great family day at the ballpark!Tickets located in 243 section - Scoreboard Pavilion (Near Budweiser Brew House) $20 per ticket. Tickets will be emailed to you. Click here to reserve your seats Meet Jamie Alvarado-Taylor and Shaundricka Ranel, your DC Network Chairs and get your SCSU Alumni Association pin! Register Now!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
This will be the 70th season for our football team. Don't miss the fun all season!
We are delighted to announce Homecoming 2017.
To bring the SCSU community together in the Owl spirit and to generate a really spirited football atmosphere, the Homecoming Committee has revamped the day. Here's what to expect this year:
- Tailgating! For the first time, we will have a Designated Tailgate Area. This will be in Lot 9 (Farnham Avenue) where you will be able to bring your gas grills, food and beverages to celebrate before the game, between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. All are welcome! Tailgating Regulations
- Student Homecoming Parade with a "TV" Theme will begin in the Tailgate area in Lot 9 and move up Farnham Avenue to the viewing stand in front of Moore Field House.
- Tented area on Scoreboard side of the field opens at 2:00 p.m.
- No admission fee to the game or tent area! You will be able to pay for your food and beverages at the....
- Food Truck Festival! - We will be announcing food truck participants as well as price lists as we get closer to Homecoming. Approximately 12 food trucks with a variety of foods, beverages, desserts. All will take credit/debit cards.
- True Blue Owls Tent. You will be able to make your donation to Southern at the True Blue Owls tent near the Food Truck Festival. Gifts of $25 or more for those who graduated more than five years ago and gifts of $10 or more for those new alumni, graduating less than five years ago, will entitle you to Membership in the SCSU Alumni Association.
- Two enormous tents next to Food Truck Festival with plenty of tables and chairs, where all of the Southern Connecticut State University community, including alumni, students, families, friends, faculty, staff, and even the opposing team's fans, will be welcome to enjoy their food, beverages and the game.
- Activities for the Kids in the Kidz Korner including a giant inflatable slide!
- Wrist-bands (free) will be available in a tent just outside the entrance to the field for those over 21. No one may drink without a wristband.
- Beer and wine tickets maybe purchased in the small tent in front of the Food Truck Festival for all wrist-banded individuals. Beer and wine will be served in the large tents.
- SCSU vs Merrimack College Game begins at 3:00 p.m. Go Owls!
- SCSU Corn Hole Game at the tent area - set up your teams now! Thanks to Chris Borajkiewiz, '98, president of the Alumni Association for building the corn hole game!
- New Haven Symphony will be performing a concert version of the Broadway smash, "Guys and Dolls" featuring lead singers from the Broadway boards and our own SCSU Choir as the ensemble. Friday, October 20 at 7:30 p.m, SCSU's Lyman Center for the Performing Arts. Call NHSO box office for tickets. Mention you're a Southern grad and receive your alumni discount. NHSO Box Office 203-865-0831 x20
- A variety of alumni athletic events will take place throughout the day on Saturday, October 20th. Don't miss your favorites. Athletics Calendar
- Homecoming website with all of the activities throughout the entire week of Homecoming - coming soon!
Choose any cruise and let the folks at Go Next know you're a Southern grad for special pricing.