Southern needs alumni volunteers like you to offer the most effective programs and services possible. Here's how you can help:
Admissions CommitteeAs an Admissions Committee member, you will be able to: Represent Southern at high school college fairs in my area. Write congratulatory postcards in the Spring to admitted students. Attend a reception in your home area for prospective students and their families. Host a reception in your home area for prospective students and their families. Refer potential applicants to Southern. To volunteer, fill out our Alumni Admissions Volunteer form.
Awards CommitteeOne of our most important committees, you will help to research and recommend alumni for various awards and help to plan the events associated.
Communications CommitteeThis committee help get the word out to our alumni about University, Alumni events, etc. as well as helps to secure discounts and benefits for our alumni.
Elections CommitteeThis committee is responsible for conducting the nomination and election process for the Association.
Finance CommitteeThis committee provides guidance in maintaining Alumni Association budgetary needs includes budget development & all financial matters affecting the Association.
This new committee shares their time and talents with our students by mentoring them
in a professional field of interest.
Program/Membership CommitteeThis committee specializes in planning on- and off-campus network opportunities, as well as homecoming and reunion get-togethers. Provides hospitality at post-season athletic contests. Helps in the development of Chapters & Clubs.
Scholarship CommitteeThis very important committee reviews student applications and helps to choose student scholars for the over 180 scholarships established by our alumni.
How can you get involved?
There are numerous ways in which you can support your alma mater. Here are a few:
- Join one of the Alumni Association committees; they would love your help.
- Volunteer at any of our events including Homecoming, the Distinguished & Outstanding Alumni Awards or other events.
- Be a mentor to our students - call the Office of Alumni Relations for details. The Alumni Mentoring Program is currently being developed with Career Services and will need your input.
- Volunteer at our "Meet the Alumni Professionals" Day.
- Make a gift to SCSU. Support from alumni, friends, faculty, and staff, as well as corporate and foundation donors, is important to the success of the institution. To learn more about giving opportunities, click here.
- Do you have some interesting knowledge to impart? Join our Alumni Speakers Bureau.
To find out more about alumni volunteering opportunities, contact the Office of Alumni
Relations at (203) 392-6500.