A Guide for First-Year Students provides assistance to students as they enter Southern Connecticut State University. By completing each step in the guide, you will be preparing to enter Southern in the fall term. While the electronic version, which can be accessed through your MySCSU account, is the way a new student progresses through the steps, you can also download a PDF copy on First-Year Guide.
In order to make a reservation for New Student Orientation, you will need to log into the electronic First-Year Guide system.
To log in, please follow the directions below:
• Go to MySCSU.SouthernCT.edu
• Enter your username and password. Information regarding accessing your SCSU email can be found below.
• Click on "BannerWeb, " located directly under SCSU links located on the right task bar on the page
• Select "Next Steps" and follow the steps.
Accessing OWLS Email
You have also been assigned an OWLS email account. Through this account, you will receive all official correspondence from the university. In addition, you will access important information concerning registration dates, advisement dates, your student accounts, and your financial aid. You should check this email account often as it will be the official way the university will communicate with you. To activate your OWLS account, please do the following:
1. Go to "MySCSU"
2. Enter username and password
3. Under "SCSU Email," click on Student Email
4. Enter your full OWLS email address as your username (email@example.com)
5. Enter your student ID number as your password
6. You will be prompted to change your password. You can reuse the password you declared in MySCSU (from above).
7. Once the form is completed, select "I Accept." (Selecting "I Accept" means that you agree to the Window Live service agreement and Privacy Statement.)
If you have any issues with accessing your email account, please visit the OIT Service Catalog