Connecticut State Employees Campaign for Charitable Giving (CSEC)
Office of the President
Telephone: 203 392-5250
Fax: 203 392-5255
October 26, 2018
Good greetings, colleagues:
I want to thank all who joined me to support this campaign last year and in the past, and welcome those of you who will choose to participate for the first time this year in the Connecticut State Employees Campaign for Charitable Giving (CSEC). I realize many of you also contribute to other charitable causes. This campaign supports so many worthwhile programs and services...even if the amount is small, the impact is great! Please take a minute to view the PDF linked below.
WHAT IS CSEC?
The Connecticut State Employees Campaign for Charitable Giving (CSEC) is our once-a-year opportunity to contribute to non-profit organizations and help make a difference to people locally, nationally, and around the world. And, the best part is...we can do it right here at our workplace!
WHERE DOES MY CONTRIBUTION GO?
- The contribution goes wherever you want, YOU decide!
- Simply indicate the charity recipient of a one-time gift or payroll deduction.
- Our support makes possible a wide range of vital services such as shelter for the homeless, protection of the environment, research for cures of diseases, and care for children and seniors. These are only a few of the services provided by the more than 700 charities that benefit from this campaign.
WHAT CAN MY SMALL CONTRIBUTION POSSIBLY DO?
- You might be surprised, but as you saw in the Power Point, a little bit goes a long way!
- I am asking that we each look at the list of charities and think about those causes that are dear to our hearts. Then think about what we might be able to spare to help those who benefit from these services.
- Certainly, times are difficult, and finances are less-than-plentiful; so please think about what you would be able to spare. Difficult times are exactly why our Connecticut charities need our help.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The CSEC will run until December 5, 2018.
You may contribute by:
- Asking this year’s campaign coordinator, Norma I. Valentin (email@example.com) to send you a pledge form and booklet of charitable organizations.
- Visiting the web sites: Campaign directory and pledge card can be found at www.employeegiving.ct.gov.
- To contribute online: https://csec2018.uwhartford.stratuslive.com/
- As per the state statute governing the CSEC, 5-262, only charities that have applied to and are approved by the CSEC campaign committee, are eligible to receive donations through the campaign.
Thank you so much for your support of the 2018 Connecticut State Employees Campaign!