Magna Commons provides free, unlimited campus-wide access to more than 100 professional development seminars, with monthly updates and additions.
New Seminars for July
Beyond Coverage: Backward Design for Disciplinary Thinking
How do we ever find time to teach students how to think when there is so much information they need to know? It's a common conundrum in entry-level general education courses. Maybe the answer is to turn that operating assumption on its head. Learn how to start focusing on the kind of thinking you really want to see in your students. Presented by: Joel Sipress, Ph.D., professor of History and chair of the interdisciplinary Department of Social Inquiry at the University of Wisconsin-Superior and David Voelker, Ph.D., associate professor of Humanistic Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
Faculty Evaluation and Review: Guidelines for Getting it Right
Discrimination, litigation, and accusations—faculty evaluations can have negative consequences when conducted incorrectly. For deans and department chairs, developing a good faculty evaluation process is crucial to the health of the department and college as a whole.Presented by: Kate L. Forhan, Ph.D., provost and vice-president of Academic Affairs at the University of Southern Maine in Portland.
As a member of our campus community this online resource from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Create a new account
1. Go to www.magnapubs.com/account
2. For new users, click Create an Account. Complete all Required Information fields and click Create Account. (NOTE: a verification email will be sent to the email address used to register. Click the link in the email to validate your account. This must be done within 48 hours or your account will not be created)
Access your Magna account
1. Go to www.magnacommons.com
2. Click orange "Enter Authorization Code" button
3. Enter your email or username and your unique password and click "Login"
4. In the box, enter your group's Authorization Code. Contact the Faculty Development Office for the code.
5. Select Activate to access Magna Commons
6. Use the "Click here" option to access Magna Commons. Access or search any of the featured programs.
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once. Hereafter, you will access the subscription by logging in towww.magnapubs.com/account using your email address and password. Click on My Account from the top navigation bar, and under My Purchases click Subscriptions. Magna Commons will be listed to the right. Click View On-Demand Videos to access Magna Commons.
*Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.*
Call 800-433-0499, ext. 2, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday or email email@example.com