Magna CommonsMagna Commons provides free, unlimited campus-wide access to more than 100 professional development seminars, with monthly updates and additions.
New Seminars for September
The Flipped Approach to Online Teaching and Learning
Flipped classrooms look different in blended and online learning environments, particularly those that are asynchronous. Learn how to flip your online courses by analyzing models for the flipped class and exploring how to expand and adapt these definitions to include online learning environments.
Presented by: Barbi Honeycutt, Ph.D., director of Graduate Professional Development and Teaching Programs at North Carolina State University and the founder of Flip It Consulting.
Social Media in Higher Education: Legal Considerations
This seminar covers the basics so that you know what legal issues your social media practices could raise. Learn how to craft sound strategies that allow you to use social media with neither constant oversight nor unnecessary legal exposure.
Presented by: Jacob H. Rooksby, J.D., Ph.D., assistant professor of law at Duquesne University School of Law.
Ten Critical Steps in Choosing a Learning Management System
Choose an LMS that advances your institution's learning goals and adequately supports your instructors and students. You will learn how to evaluate your current technological needs, how to develop an LMS selection process, and how to implement that process successfully.
Presented by: Thomas B. Cavanagh, Ph.D., associate vice president of Distributed Learning, University of Central Florida.
As a member of our campus community this online resource from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Create a new account
1. Go to www.magnapubs.com/account
2. For new users, click Create an Account. Complete all Required Information fields and click Create Account. (NOTE: a verification email will be sent to the email address used to register. Click the link in the email to validate your account. This must be done within 48 hours or your account will not be created)
Access your Magna account
1. Go to www.magnacommons.com
2. Click orange "Enter Authorization Code" button
3. Enter your email or username and your unique password and click "Login"
4. In the box, enter your group's Authorization Code. Contact the Faculty Development Office for the code.
5. Select Activate to access Magna Commons
6. Use the "Click here" option to access Magna Commons. Access or search any of the featured programs.
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once. Hereafter, you will access the subscription by logging in towww.magnapubs.com/account using your email address and password. Click on My Account from the top navigation bar, and under My Purchases click Subscriptions. Magna Commons will be listed to the right. Click View On-Demand Videos to access Magna Commons.
*Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.*
Call 800-433-0499, ext. 2, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday or email email@example.com