Educational Leadership (Admin. Leadership/School Leadership) – Assistant/Associate Professor [TWO POSITIONS]
Department: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Specialization(s): Admin. Leadership/School Leadership (Two Positions)
Search Nos. 18-027 and 18-028
Southern Connecticut State University is a comprehensive university located in New Haven, a culturally vibrant environment surrounded by many fine universities with easy access to New York and Boston. SCSU is a flourishing community of approximately 10,000 students, located less than three miles from downtown New Haven near the Westville Village section of the city. SCSU is a student-centered and intentionally diverse institution, and we regard student success as our highest priority. We seek to instill in all of our students the value of the liberal arts and sciences as a foundation for professional development and life-long learning.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to teach graduate courses in advanced leadership, policy studies, and other courses offered within the department’s sixth year professional diploma and doctoral programs. Student advisement, scholarly activities, service on university committees and participation in activities that advance the department’s mission are also required of these positions.
- An earned doctorate or ABD in educational leadership, or a related field. If ABD, candidate must have earned doctorate by the end of the first year of appointment
- Evidence of a commitment to research and publication
- Interest in and ability to work in culturally-diverse settings
- Background in instructional leadership, systems change, organizational development, or policy
- P-12 teaching/leadership experience
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching educational leadership courses
- Experience as an educational leader
- Knowledge and skills in contemporary school reform
- Teaching experience at the graduate level and applied knowledge of quantitative research methods
- Served on doctoral dissertation committees and demonstrated use of technology to enhance student learning
Applicants are asked to submit:
- Cover letter expressing interests, experiences, accomplishments, and strengths related to the position;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of teaching philosophy;
- Two examples of scholarly work; and
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please submit the above materials electronically to the attention of the EDL Search Committee at: EDLsearch1@southernct.edu
In order for your application to be given full consideration, all materials must be received by October 16, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.