University Assistant - School of Education
POSITION: University Assistant
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
CATEGORY: Part-time (max of 19hrs per week); 1-year appointment
Provide support regarding students’, faculty, staff, and school district partners’ requests and service needs. Assist in various operational tasks requiring positive service and technical support for various responsibilities including functions pertaining to applications, student background checks, fingerprints, clinical field experiences, student teaching and internships. Potential for some evening and weekend hours. The hourly rate for this position is $22-$25 an hour.
The candidate should possess strong oral and written communication skills, should be able to provide examples of clear written documentation, and should understand and have a familiarity with working within formal service management and project management frameworks. A successful candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to learn new skills quickly and a commitment to excellence in a service-oriented environment. An equivalent combination of experience and credentials may also be considered.
- Staff the Office of Educational Services and Dean’s Office main desk.
- Assist with office technology needs related to educational software programs (EdTPA, Tk20), digital display software, and PC/Mac hardware.
- Manage technology reservations and student teaching ID cards.
- Answer/address student, faculty, staff and district partners’ questions and concerns through phone calls, email and walk-in inquires.
- Assist with student background check/fingerprinting through collecting completed receipts, updating the information spreadsheet and assisting with on-campus background check/fingerprint events.
- Assist with clinical experience candidate applications
- Assist with and occasionally run informational meetings, individual meetings, and orientation sessions.
- Assist with K-12 teacher communication and stipend requests.
- Assist with faculty communication regarding various trainings and student teacher evaluations.
- Assist with delivery and implementation of School of Education and university events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and finding technology solutions to administrative processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, social media platforms, and web based databases.
- Demonstrated experience providing support and service in an office setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working on a college campus or in a K-12 environment.
Interested candidates should submit an electronic current resume and a cover letter that specifically outlines how their experiences meet the qualifications for the position. Also include the names, titles and contact information of three professional references. Please email the materials as attachments (in Word or PDF format) to SCSUTeacherED@southernct.edu and include "University Assistant" in the subject line. For first consideration, please submit all requested documents by August 10th, 2017. Interviews will begin the week of August 14th. Tentative start date for this position is August 28th, 2017.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer