RANK: Administrator IV
DEPARTMENT: Office of Information Technology
Posted: April 24, 2012
Under general supervision, the incumbent designs, implements, and maintains moderately complex services/management applications or infrastructure components incorporated in University's enterprise computing infrastructure. This includes researching and recommending new hardware, software, and management tools to enhance service quality.
Performs installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of service/management applications or infrastructure components incorporated in University's enterprise-scale computing infrastructure.
Performs installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of service/management applications or infrastructure components within the virtual frame. Monitors the ongoing operation and performs activities to assist with performance tuning, troubleshooting of hardware, OS and application issues.
Performs regular and on-demand infrastructure backups and recoveries.
Participates in disaster recovery and business resumption planning, testing, and implementation. Participates in University's emergency response.
Maintains appropriate documentation on procedures, configurations, and equipment inventory. Assists in the management and operation of University data center(s) and telecommunication facilities. Assists in the implementation of security policies & procedures, along with investigation and resolution of security incidents, to ensure a stable and secure computing infrastructure. Designs and develops automated procedures using a variety of scripting and programming languages. Develops standard operating procedures and trains staff in the implementation of these procedures. Researches and recommends new hardware, software, and management tools to enhance service quality. Manages small to medium projects including needs analysis, planning, testing, and implementation.
Works directly with vendors and technical support personnel on equipment and software purchases, as well as support and maintenance contracts. May supervise professional staff and/or student workers. Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Candidates may be considered for Admin IV appointment if qualifications include:
1. Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited university. Master's degree in Computer Science, Math or a related area is preferred.
2. A minimum of four years of demonstrated experience in administration and support of UNIX based systems and services in an enterprise environment is required.
3. Proven hands on experience with recent Windows Server Operating Systems is required.
4. Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange is required.
5. Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft IIS, MS-SQL, MS Certificate Services, MS Rights Management, and SAN storage management.
6. Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or other Linux operating systems.
7. Ability to write and debug scripts using common scripting languages like Power Shell, VBScript., and .NET.
8. Demonstrated experience with administration of a virtualized server environment is required. Experience with current versions of VMware vSphere is strongly preferred.
9. Experience with managing small to medium projects including needs analysis, planning, testing, and implementation.
The candidate should possess strong oral and written communication skills, should be able to provide examples of clear written documentation, and should understand and have a familiarity with working within formal service management and project management frameworks. A successful candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to learn new skills quickly and a commitment to excellence in a service-oriented environment. An equivalent combination of experience and credentials may also be considered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and the names, titles and contact information of three professional references. Please email the materials as attachments in (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com and include "Windows Administrator" in the subject line. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.