Frequently Asked Questions

Smiles all around at undergraduate commencement

I want to come in and pay. What hours is the Bursar's Office open?

The Bursar's Office is open Mondays 8 am - 6 pm and Tuesday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm. Please note that only check, cash and debit card payments are accepted in person.

How much money do I owe for the current semester?

You can view your current statement online through the eBill + Payment Suite, accessible through MYSCSU. Click here for more information about eBill.

How can I get a copy of my bill for tuition reimbursement purposes?

You can view and print a copy of your current statement through theeBill + Payment Suite.

I have a hold on my account and I do not know why. How can I find out why?

Account holds are usually due to Accounts Receivable, Library or Parking Violations. You can view your BannerWeb account via MySCSU to view which type of hold you have.

I believe I am paid in full, however my account is showing a balance. How can I find out what the balance is for?

You can review your current statement through the eBill + Payment Suite.

How can I confirm if Southern has received my payment?

All payments are posted to your account after they are processed upon receipt. You can review your current statement through the eBill + Payment Suite

What credit cards does Southern accept?

Southern accepts Discover, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. Credit card payments are only accepted online.

How can I pay my bill over the phone?

You can make an electronic check payment over the phone; you can also pay your bill online with a credit card, debit card or electronic check at anytime through the eBill + Payment Suite

I was just accepted as a transfer student. What is the next step?

Contact the Academic Advisement center to make an appointment for advisement and registration. REMINDER: If you are registering after bills are due payment arrangements must be complete at the time of your Academic Advisement appointment.

I would like to make payment plan arrangements. Who do I call?

Click here to learn more and set up a payment plan. For additional questions, please contact Bursar Office representative Craig Schnur at (203) 392-7190.

I have a tuition waiver however it is not showing on my bill. When will this waiver be applied to my bill?

You should first review your current statement through eBill + Payment Suite to see if the waiver has now been posted to your account. It usually takes 24 hours after the waiver has been posted for the waiver to show up on your account. If you still do not see the waiver then please contact Bursar Office representative Ms. Kristen Prout at (203) 392-6140.

I have not attended Southern recently, yet I have received a bill. What is this charge for?

There are several reasons. You could have outstanding charges from the last semester you attended Southern. You can review your current statement through eBill + Payment Suite. If you still have questions, you should contact Bursar Office representative Ms. Carol Negri at (203) 392-6843.

I have received a 1098-T. What is this form in regards to?

The Form 1098-T is a tuition statement issued to students and the IRS at the beginning of each year. This form may be used by federal tax filers to determine eligibility for Hope and Lifetime Learning tax credits. Receipt of a 1098-T form does not mean you are necessarily eligible for tax credits. This form is not tax advice, only a tuition statement summary.

For questions regarding your summary or calculation of charges visit our 1098-T information page or contact Bursar Office representative Ms. Kelly Visokay at (203) 392-6856.

How can I pay for my cap and gown?

If you elect to pay your senior fees, the cost of your cap and gown is included. You can make payment of your senior fees during the spring semester at the business office using cash, check or Hoot Loot. If you choose not to pay the senior week fees, you may purchase your cap and gown at the SCSU Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

I realized that I submitted a check payment to the University that will not clear my bank. What should I do?

Please contact the Bursar Office at or  (203) 392-6140.

I am a Part-Time student but I am being billed as if I were Full-Time (or vice versa), what do I need to do to correct this?

To change your status you must call the Registrar's Office at (203)392-5301 or you can go to their office located in the Wintergreen building. If the change of status results in a refund, please refer to the refund policy.

I am an out of state student living in one of the New England states; How do I find out if I qualify for the reduced tuition costs under the regional tuition program?

Please contact the Registrar's Office at (203)392-5301 or you can go to their office located in the Wintergreen building. Click here for information about NHEBE.

I am taking a Winter session class and/or Spring Break class. Can I use the payment plan or Financial Aid to pay for these classes?

No, the payment plan cannot be utilized to pay for Winter Session and/or Spring Break courses. You must pay for these classes at the time of registration to prevent the classes from being dropped for non-payment.

The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships offers no direct assistance for these two periods.