Student Payment Plans
As a convenience, Southern Connecticut State University offers students the option to make tuition payments on a monthly basis by enrolling in a payment plan.
The Student Payment Plan allows you to break down your existing education expenses (you must be currently registered and/or have charges for the current semester to enroll in a payment plan) into easy to manage installments, rather than a lump-sum payment.
With a Student Payment Plan you can:
- Spread your payments over a period of months, interest-free
- Setup automatic payments using an ACH electronic debit directly from a personal checking account
- Receive real time e-mail notifications about account adjustments. Upon enrollment, students will receive an email confirmation. In addition, students and authorized users will be notified of any adjustments to the student's account status. Account adjustments may include:
Charges - enrolling in housing, adding a meal plan, dropping a course. (Note: charges will be evenly distributed amongst future payment installments) [See Scenario 1]
Payments - cash, debit card, check, eCheck, or money order may be applied to future payments (Note: payments received will determine any possible adjustments to future payment installments) [See Scenario 2]
Credits - Financial aid, scholarships, grants, and waivers will be evenly distributed amongst future payment installments. (Note: if credit awards cover ALL of your future installment payments, then NO future installment payments will be required) [See Scenario 3]
Payment Plan Enrollment
Payment plans will assist students and their families budget the cost of tuition and fees by spreading payments over the course of the semester.
- View a list of your current charges, credits and financial aid awards and then choose the plan that's right for you. Note: Payment plans will take into account all the actual charges, credits and anticipated financial aid currently on your student account and present you with a payment schedule for the outstanding balance.
- Setup automatic payments using a credit card or debit funds directly from your checking or savings account.
- Access and review your account activity anytime, anywhere.
Enrolling in a Southern Payment Plan is fast, easy and safe, simply:
Students (and their authorized users) can set up a payment plan within their eBill + Payment Suite account. Click here for detailed instructions on how to enroll in a payment plan.
Payment Plan Options
Students may budget all or any portion of the costs associated with attending over 5, 4, 3, or 2 installment periods for an enrollment fee of just $45.00.
- Any portion of costs not covered by financial aid, grants, scholarships or otherwise actually paid, may be included in a Payment Plan.
- You may choose to increase the initial down payment amount to reduce future installment payments.
- A $50.00 Late Fee will be assessed for each payment made 10 days after the payment due date.
Payment Plan Notice
The first payment plus the $45.00 application fee is due at time of enrollment. Future installment dates are determined by enrollment date. Example: If you have enrolled in the 5 Pay Plan on 6/15 your 4 remaining installments will be 7/15, 8/15/, 9/15 and 10/15.
Please email the Bursar's Office or call (203) 392-6140 for more information or to enroll in an estimated plan.