Full Time Student Refund Policies
The following are Southern Connecticut State University's refund policies for full-time students. It is the student's responsibility to complete the University Withdrawal Form and to submit it to the Registrar's Office for processing. The amount of the refund is based on the date the student officially withdraws from the university and not whether the student attended class or on how many classes the student attended.
Once its determined that a student is eligible for a refund, it may take up to 14 business days for a refund to be issued. Students must activate (set) their refund preference, otherwise their refund may be significantly delayed. Click here to learn more about selecting your refund preference.
Please Note: If your credit balance is due to a credit card overpayment, your refund will be credited back to the credit card used when making the payment.
NOTE: ALL REFUNDS IN THE FORM OF A CHECK ARE MAILED TO THE STUDENT'S PERMANENT MAILING ADDRESS ON FILE WITH THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE.
Click here for information on verifying and changing your address.
Tuition and Fees
• Upon withdrawal from the University up to the first day of university-wide classes as defined by the published university calendar, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded;
• 90% of the balance will be refunded during the first week of university-wide classes,
• 60% of the balance will be refunded during the second week of university-wide classes,
• 40% of the balance during the third and the fourth weeks of university-wide classes,
• No refund after the fourth week of university-wide classes.
Click here for specific dates related to the above refund schedule.
The following fees are non-refundable:
• $200 Confirmation Deposit (Binder Fee)
• $250 Housing Deposit
• $100 Re-Registration Fee
• $50 Late Fee
• Over Registration Fee
Course Cancellation Refunds
If a course you register for is canceled by the University, it is necessary for you to make a written request to obtain a refund. This may be accomplished by returning the request for refund form that is mailed to you with notification of course cancellation. No withdrawals or refunds can be made by telephone.