Tuition and fees are established by the the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities Board of Regents for Higher Education. This listing is intended to help estimate the costs of attending Southern and students are responsible for any fee increase that the Board of Regents authorizes up to the first day of classes.

Bursar Tuition and FeesFall and Spring semester payments for full and part time matriculated students are due in full approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the first day of classes.  Payments by part-time non-matriculated students and any student who registers after the semester due date are due upon registration.

Payments by ALL students registering for courses offered in wintersession, spring break, and/or summer sessionsare due at the time of registration.

Click here for information on specific bill due dates and other important dates.

Payments may include financial aid, scholarship(s), third party payments, payments from personal resources or enrollment in a payment plan.

Students (and their authorized users) can review their current charges and make payments online using the eBill + Payment Suite system (accessible through MySCSU BannerWeb Services for students).

 Click here for a detailed Guide to Registration & Bill Payment.

Online Payment Options

Electronic Check, Debit Card and Credit Card (American Express, Discover and MasterCard) are accepted online. Credit Card payments will be assessed a 2.5% non-refundable convenience fee. Payments via electronic check and debit card are fee-free.

In Person Payment Options

You may make a payment in person at the Bursar's Office in the Wintergreen Building. Methods of payment are cash and checks (including money orders) and debit cards only. We are unable to accept credit cards payments in person at the Bursar's Office.

You may also use the Express Payment Box in the Wintergreen Building (available when the Wintergreen Building is open only).  The Express Payment Box excepts payments made by check. Please do NOT place cash in the Express Payment Box. Payments are posted to your account by the next business day. If you require a receipt, please include a request for receipt with your Express Payment and one will be mailed to you.

Penalty for late and non-payment

A full or part time matriculated student's account is considered "past due" after a 10 day grace period from the due date. Any part-time student and/or any full-time student who registers after the semester due date and does not pay upon registration is also considered past due. Past due student accounts are subject to a $50 Late fee, having a hold placed on them, and/or having their class schedule canceled and if applicable, their housing assignment canceled. Holds placed on accounts will prevent students from registering for subsequent semesters, restrict access to transcripts and grades, and/or their class schedule will be canceled. Special circumstances may be reviewed on a case by case basis.

If you have any questions, please visit us in the Wintergreen Building between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.  We also have extended hours every Monday until 6pm. You may also contact us by phone at (203) 392-6140.

Financial Aid

An application for financial aid does not guarantee eligibility for a financial aid award nor exemption from your payment. If you have not received a financial aid award notification by your bill due date (as described above), you must make other payment arrangements. If you have accepted a financial aid award, your total accepted award may not yet appear on your current bill. If your financial aid is not present on your current eBill statement and you have a balance due to the University, you must make payment arrangements by your bill due date.

You may review your financial aid award on the web on MySCSU Banner Web.  If you have any questions, we encourage you to visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in the Wintergreen Building or contact the office at (203) 392-5222. 

Other Assistance

If you have:

1.  A written commitment from a third party payment;
2.  An outside scholarship;
3.  A University waiver; or
4.  Some other assistance from a source outside of the University

The  Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships must have written authorization regarding and outside assistance prior to your registration. You are responsible for making payments for any portion of your bill that is not covered by other assistance.