Records & Information Management (RIM)
Please note that THIS OFFICE DOES NOT HANDLE STUDENT RECORDS REQUESTS for items such as transcripts, grade changes, course changes, address changes, attendance verifications, etc.
For all requests pertaining to student records, please see the SCSU Registrar's Office website or contact the Registrar's Office at 203-392-5301.
RIM Contact Info:
Philanthi (Phil) Koslowski, MILS
University Records Specialist
Wintergreen Mezzanine, 201-A
Records & Information Management (RIM) is responsible for safeguarding the University's official records and informational assets by guiding the management, access, retention, storage, protection, and disposition of those assets.
The RIM office also provides training and operational assistance for all divisions and departments concerning their records retention and secure information management practices.
The mission of Records and Information Management is to develop and implement a university-wide, comprehensive, integrated, systematic Records and Information Management Program designed to comply with the State of Connecticut's Office of the Public Records Administrator's Record Retention Policies and Procedures; to safeguard the University's official records and informational assets by guiding the management, access, retention, storage, protection, and disposition of those assets; and to provide consultative and operational assistance for all divisions and departments concerning their records retention and secure information management practices.
CODE OF ETHICS
Individual, departmental, and institutional decisions should be guided by the following tenets:
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Accountability when handling institutional records and information.
- Efficient, effective, and ethical management of the University's records and information.
- Integrity in spite of politics, conflicts of interest, personal gain, or professional retaliation.
- Respect for the health and safety of members of our University and social community.
- Consistency with professional standards and practices.