research Reassigned Time: school of education
Guidelines for Applying:
- Applicant must be a full-time faculty member in the School of Education.
- Applicant must submit a double-spaced proposal, no more than two pages in length, that addresses each section below and that describes:
- What you propose to do, including the research background - Rationale section
- What specific outcomes do you expect to achieve - Outcomes section
- How this proposal contributes to the mission of the School of Education - Mission section
- How you will use these three credits of reassigned time (1/4 of your load) to complete the project - Methods section
- A statement about how this proposal will contribute to you own professional development - Professional Development section
Note: There are many excellent initiatives within the School of Education that offer tremendous opportunities for research. You are encouraged to conduct your research in partnership with local schools, particularly our Professional Development Schools and within our urban partnership school districts whenever possible. Collaborative partnerships between SCSU and other community agencies involved in educational efforts are also encouraged. Opportunities for collaborative partnerships with faculty in other departments within our School as well as with faculty in other schools in the university would be welcomed. Topics on candidate assessment, closing the achievement gap, or emerging research areas within your own discipline are particularly encouraged.