WElcome to academic advisement
The Academic Advisement Center, located in the Wintergreen Building, on Wintergreen Avenue, assists in the advisement of all returning students who are undeclared, first time transfer students and students who have declared Liberal Studies as a major.
- Returning students who have declared majors or those students who want to declare a major, are advised by a faculty adviser in the department of their major or prospective major. A list of department contacts is available in the Academic Advisement Center.
- Returning students who are undeclared are advised through the Academic Advisement Center. Please contact us to schedule an academic advisement appointment.
- Students who have declared Liberal Studies as a major, are advised through the Academic Advisement Center. Please call the office to schedule an advisement appointment.
- Non-matriculated students may receive academic advisement in the Academic Advisement Center.
- First-time, full-time students, entering in the Fall, will be attending an Orientation. Orientation is designed to provide new students with the information needed to have a successful first year at Southern. Please visit the Orientation Web site for more information.
- First-time, full-time and part-time students, entering in the Spring, will be advised through the Academic Advisement Center. Please contact us to schedule an advisement appointment.
- Students who have never taken courses at Southern and have not applied to the university must fill out this form, Web Registration for Visiting Students, in order to register for part-time courses. (If you have been denied admission to the university, this form does not apply to you).
If you would like further information or to schedule an advisement session, please call the Academic Advisement Center at (203) 392-5367.
For advising questions, click on the box in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.