All activities approved by an organization involving the collection of money are defined as fundraising activities.
SCSU Fundraising Policies:
- All fundraising requests must be sent 2 weeks prior to the day your club/organization
wishes to hold a fundraiser.
a. Requests are to be submitted via the Collegiatelink website at https://southernct.collegiatelink.net
b. Notifications of approval will be sent to your Southern e-mail
- All money raised must be deposited in the Bursar's office within 24 hours of the event.
a. When possible, it is strongly recommended that money be deposited immediately following the event.
b. If holding the fundraiser for multiple days, money must still be deposited within 24 hours of each event.
- Within 3 days of the event, the pink deposit slip must be delivered to the Office of Student Life and a Financial Report must be submitted via the Collegiatelink website.
- All appropriate forms can be found on Collegiatelink and must be submitted electronically. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- If your club/organization receives a donation, a financial report must be completed.
6. Absolutely NO expenditures may be made from money collected, until after it has been deposited in your organizations account.
- Money must be deposited in the exact form it was collected.
- To cancel a fundraiser, please call 203-392-5714 as soon as your organization decides to cancel the event.
Bursar's Office Hours of Operation
Note: Wintergreen Building is open until 6pm Monday through Friday, and deposits can be dropped off in a Student Deposit Box in front of the Bursar's Office. If utilizing this deposit box, first make a copy of the deposit slip to give to the Office of Student Life and please be sure that all money collected is attached to the deposit slip.
Reserving Space for a Fundraiser
Fundraisers are allowed in the following locations: Morrill/Jennings Breezeway, Engleman Rotunda, Adanti Student Center Tables on the Street Level and Plaza Level, Davis Hall, Outside of Buley Library, and the Earl Hall Overhang.
Adanti Student Center- If your club/organization would like to book a fundraiser in the Adanti Student Center, a request must be made to the Adanti Student Center Main Office (ASC325D). In order to fundraise in the Adanti Student Center, you must receive an approval from both the Adanti Student Center (for the space) and the Office of Student Life (authorizing the fundraiser). When seeking approval from the Main Office you MUST BRING A COPY OF THE COLLEGIATELINK CONFIRMATION along with the Facility Usage Form. Please remember to note the specific location you would like to hold your fundraiser.
Morrill/Jennings Breezeway- If your club/organization would like to book a fundraiser for the Morrill/Jennings Breezeway, the Fundraising Request Form submitted to the Office of Student Life will suffice as your space reservation as well.
Other Campus Locations- If your club/organization would like to book a fundraiser at any other campus location; a request must be made using a Facility Usage Form and submitted to the Lyman Center (LY116). In order to fundraise at these locations, you must receive an approval from both the Facility Usage Committee (for the location) and The Office of Student Life (to authorize the fundraiser).
Any additional supplies needed for fundraisers (tables, chairs, etc...) must be arranged with through either the facility administrator OR directly through Facilities Operations.