Housing Cancellation and Withdrawal Details

Annual Housing Contract

Any student who requests housing for the fall semester (by paying a non-refundable housing deposit and submitting a housing application or participating in the room selection process) has until May 31st to cancel their request for housing to be released from the contract. After that date, a student can submit a Housing Withdrawal Form, which will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether the student meets the criteria to be released from the Academic Year Housing Agreement. If a student is not released from their contract, the student will remain assigned to housing for the academic year and all housing charges will apply. 

                         Upon Cancellation of Housing                            (while remaining a Southern student)

No Fee - May 31st for the academic year or Dec. 1st for the spring (for students new to housing for the spring)


100% Fee - No Refund - June 1st for the academic year or Dec. 2nd for students new to housing for the spring (unless released from the contract)



If you wish to cancel housing and withdraw from the University, the Refund Policy for Housing Fees applies. Please note, the Housing Deposit is non-refundable

Returning students must contact the Advising Center/Registrar as well as the Housing Office. New incoming students must contact the Admissions Office as well as the Housing Office.

Refund Policy for Housing Fees (please note this policy is not the same for tuition/fees)
Upon Withdrawal from the University

Upon Withdrawal from the University

Refund - Prior to and including the first day of classes


Refund - During the first two weeks of classes


Refund - During the third and fourth week of classes


No refund after the fourth week of classes