welcome to counseling services
If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, please bypass this page and
contact 911 or go to your local emergency department immediately.
University Counseling Services offers a wide variety of resources to help students adjust to life on campus. Our primary purpose is to provide psychological support as students pursue academic and personal goals and to enhance the quality of their educational experience at Southern Connecticut State University.
Monday - Friday
A counselor is on call everyday for walk-in crises and phone consultations.
Here is a quick reference to help you use our website.
- Emergency Services: Quick access to critical resources in the event of a life threatening emergency
- Individual and Group Counseling: Gives an explanation of how these services work in our center
- Appointments and Referrals: Explains how to set up an appointment and how to refer someone you are concerned about.
- Programming and Outreach: Gives a snapshot of the different types of workshops and programming we provide on campus - dont' see a program you like - just ask and we may be able to create one for your organization or group!
- Self Help Resources: A great place to find all sorts of information about mental health issues, self care, online support and ways to manage the stress of college life - Check it out!
- Meet the Staff: Introduces you to our staff and tells you a little bit about who they are and their clincial practice
- Forms: Download and fill these out when you make an appointment. Be sure to bring them with you to your first appointment!