Frequently Asked Questions


Q:  Can I get my physical done at the Health Center ?

A: No, you can have your physical done at your Health care providers office or at a local walk-in clinic.  If you are a transfer student, have your prior institution transfer your health forms to the Granoff Student Health Center for review.

Q:  Do I have to use the Connecticut State University Health Services Complete Health Form?

A: Yes. You need to enter  immunization directly on to the Complete Health Form.  Attaching additional forms from your health care provider is acceptable, but you must also write the dates onto the form which will be signed by your health care provider.  Not doing so is the most common cause of students missing required information which can result in delays in registering for classes.

Q:  Where can I find my immunization records?

A: You can obtain your immunization records from your doctor's office, a baby  book, high school nurse or prior educational institution  that  you attended.

Q:  Do I need my immunizations?

 A: Yes:

Freshmen Students: Connecticut State Law requires all incoming Freshmen students to provider proof of adequate immunization to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, German Measles (Rubella) and Chicken Pox (Varicella) unless:

Transfer or Graduate Students: Connecticut State Law requires that all full-time or matriculating students born on or after January 1, 1957 provide proof of adequate immunization against Measles (Rubeola) and German Measles (Rubella) prior to registration unless:

  1. Those born prior to January 1, 1957 (where applicable)
  2. You provide a state that such immunization is contrary to your religious beliefs.
  3. You present a certificate from a Health Care Provider stating that you had a confirmed case of such disease. 
  4. You are enrolled exclusively in a program for which students do not congregate on campus for classes or to participate in institutional-sponsored events, such  as students enrolled in distance learning programs for individualized home  study or programs conducted entirely through electronic media in a setting without other students present.

Q:  Do I need to get the Meningitis vaccine to register for classes?

 A: No, Meningitis vaccination is only required for those students living in on- campus housing and must be obtained prior to moving in unless:


Q: How do I waive the school sponsored health insurance if I have my own health insurance?

 A: You can:

  1. Go on line to, then find your school (SCSU), the click on Medical Plan: Enroll/waive or
  2. Contact the bursars office at 203-392-6140.


Q:  What do I do if I don't have any insurance and can't afford the school sponsored health insurance?

A: You can apply for the Husky Plan sponsored by the State of Conn.



Q:  Can I get birth control at the Health Center and is it covered by the school insurance?

 A:The Student Health Center offers various forms of birth control which may be covered by the school insurance when purchased at a pharmacy or purchased at the Health Center for a cost of $15 per pill pack.  An appointment is necessary in order to determine what birth control method is best for you.        


Q: What does the school insurance cover?

 A: Questions regarding school insurance coverage can be answered by calling Aetna Student Health at 1-877-375-4244 or by checking the website: For more specific questions about you, please contact Marla Serapiglia at 860-636-4991.


Q: Does the Health Center offer confidential STD testing and what does it cost?

A:  Yes, the Health Center offers free Gonorrhea/Chlamydia urine Screening HIV testing with a mouth swab and Syphilis testing by blood draw;


Q: Does the Health Center offer emergency contraception?

 A: Yes, the Health Center offers PLAN B for $25.00.  Plan B is available at Granoff Health and Wellness center when you present your student ID at the window.


Q: Is there Dental or Vision coverage under the school insurance health plan?

A: The school insurance plan offers a supplemental dental insurance plan as well as a discount program called Vital Savings. Go to the website: for more information.



For more information about the Granoff Student Health Center , please check out the rest of our site.