Binge Eating Disorder
This eating disorder is characterized by recurrent episodes of binge eating without the purging behavior of bulimia.
- Eating large amounts of food when not hungry
- Restriction of activities because of embarrassment about weight
- Going from one diet to the next
- Eating little in public while maintaining a high weight
- Abuse of alcohol or other substances
- Weight-related hypertension
- Weight gain
- Feelings of guilt, shame, and disgust about overeating
- Feelings about self based on weight and control of eating
- Fantasizing about being a better person when thin
- Feeling tormented by eating habits
- Social and professional failures attributed to weight
- Weight is the focus of life
For more information, please contact the Women's Center at (203) 392-6946.