What To Do If You Are The Survivor Of A Rape
- Go to a friend's house. You should not be alone at such a difficult time. Go somewhere where you feel safe.
- Seek medical attention right away. Do not wash or change clothes, this will result in a loss of evidence should you choose to press charges.
- You may have sustained internal injuries so it is very important to get checked out.
- File a report with police. You can change your mind and choose not to press charges in the future.
- Get help and support, such as counseling.
*Information provided by the Greater New Haven Sexual Assault Crisis Services