Graduate Research Fellowship Competition
Research Fellowship Application (RF) 2016-2017(* right click > save as .pdf -- before filling the form out electronically.)
The School of Graduate Studies announces the Research Fellowship (RF) competition for full-time matriculated master’s and 6th year diploma graduate students and for all doctoral students for the 2016-2017 academic year. The application deadline is Friday, February 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM EST. With the change last year to allowing up to two years for an award, the number of awards and the amount of the stipend has been reduced.
- Eligibility: The Research Fellowship is a non-need based award administered through the School of Graduate Studies open to students in the process of conducting or completing his/her capstone project (thesis, dissertation or special project and: (1) the achievement of a 3.50 grade point average for all graduate coursework; (2) the Student must be enrolled full-time during the year of the award if they are in a Master’s or Sixth Year Diploma Program if in the thesis proposal stage, or taking the required credits if in a doctoral program or completing the Master’s thesis; (3) the student cannot hold other University supported position (such as graduate student worker; graduate assistantship, graduate studies graduate assistantship (GSGA); graduate teaching assistant; resident advisor; graduate intern, or adjunct faculty) while holding the RF.
- Amount of Fellowship: Each RF involves a scholarship stipend totaling $6,000 for the 2016-2017 academic year, as well as for full-time students the waiver of University fees. Up to four awards will be made for the academic year by the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Please note that awards are contingent upon availability of funds.
- Required Activities: The RF supports an awardee’s independent research (under the guidance of a member of the Graduate faculty). As such, each awardee will be required to perform the activities outlined in his/her research proposal.
- Length of Fellowship: This award is for one year with a second year possible upon recommendation of the thesis/special project/dissertation advisor.
- Application Process and Filing Deadline: The following documents must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies, 501 Crescent Street, EN B 110, New Haven, Connecticut 06515, on or before 4:00 PM EST on Friday, February 19, 2016. Documents may be submitted in hard copy or electronically toGradDocs@southernct.edu. Please note that electronic signatures are acceptable