* The university’s Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF) and Graduate Student Graduate
Assistantship (GSGA) deadline date has been extended to March 15, 2014.
Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF)
- The School of Graduate Studies holds a Graduate Research Fellowship Competition each year for full-time graduates students working towards the master's degree or sixth year diploma program. Each fellowship award is in the amount of $12,000.
- Applications require departmental nomination, sponsorship by a member of the graduate faculty who will serve as a research advisor, and must be associated with scholarly research of a quality that can be submitted for refereed publication or in a refereed creative activity appropriate to the academic discipline.
- Consideration for a Graduate Research Fellowship is contingent upon 1) acceptance to a master's degree or sixth year program, 2) enrollment as a full-time student, 3) a complete Fellowship application, 4) sponsorship by a member of the graduate faculty, and 5) nomination by a graduate degree program at SCSU. Applicants should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for their undergraduate work. In addition, applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 for all completed graduate work, if any.
- Application: 2014-2015 Graduate Research Fellowship Competition
Graduate Student Graduate Assistantship (GSGA)
- The Graduate School Graduate Assistantship (GSGA) is a non-need based award administered
through the School of Graduate Studies and is contingent upon: (1) acceptance
to a graduate degree or sixth-year certificate; (2) the achievement of a minimum
3.2 grade point average for all undergraduate coursework; and (3) a 3.75 grade point
average for all graduate coursework.
- Students must be enrolled full-time during the year of the award. Students cannot
hold other University supported positions (such as graduate student worker; graduate
research fellow; graduate teaching assistant; research administrative assistant; resident
advisor; graduate intern, or adjunct faculty) while holding the GSGA award.
- GSGA awardees will be required to complete an average of 20 contact hours of work
per week during the academic year. Specifc activities will be dependent on the nature
of the assistantship offered by the department/administrative unit and approved by
the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Two types of GSGA’s are: (1) graduate
teaching assistantship; and (2) graduate research assistantship.
- Each GSGA award involves a scholarship/stipend totaling $12,000 for the academic
year. Up to ten awards will be made for the academic year by the Dean of the School
of Graduate Studies.
- Application: 2014-2015 Graduate School Graduate Assistantship