Traveling to the U.S.
- F-1 students may enter the U.S. for no more than 30 days prior to the program start date on the I-20
- The Student Health Services at Southern Connecticut State University requires certain immunizations prior to attending the university. Please visit the Student Health Serviceswebsite for more information
- F-1 students MUST make sure to have the following documents before traveling to the U.S. :
- Valid Passport
- Valid U.S. Visa
- Original and current financial statements
* The information below is provided as a courtesy to prevent International students from having problems prior to traveling to the U.S. :
If needed, medication is brought in its original container with doctor's information on any prescribed medicine: pills, cream, etc.
Optional: English translated documents along with the original copies: medical records, high school transcripts, medication prescription, etc.
Upon Arrival to the U.S.
- F-1 students are to :
- Report to the International Student Advisor, Aliya Amin at Adanti Student Center, Room 231
- Undergraduate students will schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor prior to registering for classes
- After appointment, International students MUST register a full-time course load at Southern Connecticut State University
- Attend the MANDATORY International Student Orientation(students will be notified via email)