Southern Connecticut State University provides exemplary graduate and undergraduate education in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. As an intentionally diverse and comprehensive university. Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good.
The mission of the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFP) program at Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) is to provide training for marriage and family therapists through an experiential educational approach and service opportunities. Graduates of the program will be able to work systemically with individuals, couples and families from diverse populations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will provide services to the community, practicing from a systemic lens.
- Graduates will complete requirements to become an Associate licensed MFT in the state of Connecticut.
- Students will demonstrate cultural competency (cultural knowledge, awareness, sensitivity and action).
- Students will demonstrate the ability to practice ethically.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to critique and use clinical research as informed consumers.