Student Learning Outcomes
- Practice from a systemic lens
- Practice from a culturally competent lens
- Demonstrate skills of entry-level MFT clinician
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching
- Establish and maintain the identity of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Participate in scholarly activities that enhance the field of MFT
- Demonstrate a commitment to cultural competence and/or social justice in at least one area of professional work.
SCSU MFT Mission Statement:
The mission of the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program at Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) is to provide training for marriage and family therapists through an experiential educational approach. Graduates of the program will be able to work systemically with individuals, couples and families from diverse populations.