Welcome to SCSU's Accounting Society
The SCSU Accounting Society provides students with valuable information and advice on the many different career paths available to accounting graduates. The society regularly hosts accounting professionals from public, private and governmental accounting positions to speak in a small group setting to impart their experiences and to facilitate networking opportunities. Many of these speakers are in fact SCSU alumni.
The society is a fully-funded student organization with approximately 100 members. Officer positions include: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer/Banquet Chair.
Activities of the society include:
- An annual awards banquet
- Community service projects
- Small group speaker meetings (approximately 6 per semester)
- A completely student-run tutoring committee for Financial Accounting students
- The opportunity to serve as on-campus representative for:
- The CTCPA – the Connecticut Society of CPAs
- CPA review courses
To join the SCSU Accounting Society please visit our collegiate link:
To learn more about the Accounting Society, contact the Accounting Department at (203) 392-5691.