As you continue your journey to Southern, you will need to complete different steps to prepare for the Fall semester. Please complete the steps below to access your email (required), schedule advising appointment (required), submit your health form (required), schedule orientation, apply for housing, pay for college, and visit campus.
If you have any questions, you can contact the respective office or the office of Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement at 203-392-5189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access MySCSU
Throughout your college career, you will need to access MySCSU.
- How to Access MySCSU
- How to Access MySCSU Video
- Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed in your Application Portal.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Setup and Troubleshooting
Check your SCSU Email using the Outlook App
SCSU Email is the official means of communication from the university. It is your responsibility to check it frequently.
Contact SCSU IT Helpdesk if you have trouble logging in.
If you received transfer credit for English or Math courses you may not need to take placement assessments. Your degree evaluation will show your transfer credit and how it has been applied to your degree. Please check your degree evaluation under General Education LEP Tier 1: Foundations to see your English and Math credit. More info on placement into specific courses can be reviewed here.
More information coming soon!
All matriculated (degree seeking) students are required to submit the Connecticut State University Student Health Services Health Form and COVID-19 Immunization Requirements by August 1st.
- Visit Student Health Services Forms to download the form and view instructions. This includes immunization requirements
- All SCSU students are also required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate in the Fall 2022 semester.
- Completed forms and COVID vaccine requirements can be uploaded to the Health Services Portal by logging in with your Username and the password you created for MySCSU. Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed on your Application Portal.
Contact Student Health Services with any questions.
More information coming soon!
As you continue to make important decisions about your college journey, you’ll be deciding how you will experience Southern’s campus. Living on campus offers exciting experiences, new opportunities for growth and unparalleled convenience.
We hope you choose to live on campus with us. To apply for housing and pay your $250 housing deposit go to your MyHousing portal and follow the steps below.
- Log on to your MySCSU
- Click on "BannerWeb"
- Select "Student Services"
- Click on "Housing"
- Click on "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Fall Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
Financial aid is funding that is intended to help students pay for tuition and fees, room and board (or living expenses, if commuting), transportation, books and supplies.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid but have not done so please follow the instructions outlined in The Financial Aid Process. The priority date for Fall 2022 is March 15, 2022.
- If you have applied for financial aid you can check the status of your financial aid package, accept your award and complete any requirements.
Remember the FAFSA is a free application and will not ask you for payment.
- Meet one on one with SCSU's free Financial Literacy Advisor, Lew Deluca, who will go over payment plan options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Learn how to maximize your educational investment!
The Student Accounts Office is primarily responsible for student billing, payment, refund, and veteran enrollment certification processing. Many services may be completed online.
Visit the Student Accounts website for:
- Tuition and Fees
- Bill Due Dates and Payment Options
- Payment Plans