As you continue your journey to Southern, you will need to complete different steps to prepare for the Fall semester. Please complete the steps below to access your email (required), schedule advising appointment (required), submit your health form (required), schedule orientation, apply for housing, pay for college, and visit campus.
If you have any questions, you can contact the respective office or the office of Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement at 203-392-5189 or email email@example.com.
How to Access MySCSU
Throughout your college career, you will need to access MySCSU.
- How to Access MySCSU
- How to Access MySCSU Video
- Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed in your Application Portal.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Setup and Troubleshooting
Check your SCSU Email using the Outlook App
SCSU Email is the official means of communication from the university. It is your responsibility to check it frequently.
Contact SCSU IT Helpdesk if you have trouble logging in.
If you received transfer credit for English or Math courses you may not need to take placement assessments. Your degree evaluation will show your transfer credit and how it has been applied to your degree. Please check your degree evaluation under General Education LEP Tier 1: Foundations to see your English and Math credit. More info on placement into specific courses can be reviewed here.
Our Academic Advisors are excited to welcome you as our newest Southern Owl!
|March 6, 2023||Transfer advisement appointments begin|
|April 4, 2023||Undergraduate course registration begins|
|August 28, 2023||Last day to register for Fall 2023 courses|
|August 29, 2023||Fall 2023 courses begin|
Academic advising offers both in-person and virtual appointments so please pay special attention to the additional details provided in your appointment confirmation as it will provide the location and link details necessary to attend or access your appointment.
We encourage you to schedule an advising appointment as soon as possible to take advantage of priority registration where you will have the most courses open to you and more time with an advisor to cover additional academic information. As we approach the start of the semester, there will be less appointment and course availability.
Students transferring from a foreign university should come prepared with course syllabi and descriptions and are encouraged to enroll even earlier as there is a multi-tiered credit evaluation process that must be complete to be advised appropriately.
|Priority Registration appointments
(March 6 – April 17)
|Early action appointments
(late April to early August)
|Late action appointments
(mid to late August)
- Once registered, you will be eligible to obtain a student ID and parking decal (both free)
- You do not need to wait until Financial Aid is finalized before you can register for classes, but you should have a plan to pay for tuition by August 28th.
Appointment scheduling will open in mid-February. Please check back.
All matriculated (degree seeking) students are required to submit the Connecticut State University Student Health Services Health Form by August 1st.
- Visit Student Health Services Forms to download the form and view instructions. This includes immunization requirements
Contact Student Health Services with any questions.
More information coming soon.
As you continue to make important decisions about your college journey, you’ll be deciding how you will experience Southern’s campus. Living on campus offers exciting experiences, new opportunities for growth and unparalleled convenience.
We hope you choose to live on campus with us. To apply for housing and pay your $250 housing deposit go to your MyHousing portal and follow the steps below.
- Log on to your MySCSU
- Click on Banner Student
- Select MyHousing
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
Financial aid is funding that is intended to help students pay for tuition and fees, room and board (or living expenses, if commuting), transportation, books and supplies.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid but have not done so please follow the instructions outlined in The Financial Aid Process. The priority date for Fall 2023 is March 15, 2023
- If you have applied for financial aid you can check the status of your financial aid package, accept your award and complete any requirements.
Remember the FAFSA is a free application and will not ask you for payment.
- Meet one on one with SCSU's free Financial Literacy Director, Lew DeLuca, who will go over payment plan options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Learn how to maximize your educational investment by scheduling an appointment!
The Student Accounts Office is primarily responsible for student billing, payment, refund, and veteran enrollment certification processing. Many services may be completed online.
Visit the Student Accounts website for:
- Tuition and Fees
- Bill Due Dates and Payment Options
- Payment Plans
Schedule a personal Birds Eye View Tour of campus with a Transfer Student Assistant who is a current SCSU student! To register please visit Navigate and "Make an Appointment" then select "Orientation and Transition" and "Birds Eye View Tour." We can't wait to see you on campus!