how to Apply
Start here to learn about our admissions requirements and admissions process.
Apply using our Online Application or The Common Application (freshmen only).
If you applied to Southern within the past year, you may not need to complete a new application and fee. Visit Reactivate Application for details.
The requirements for admission to Southern Connecticut State University are intended to ensure that students offered admission are adequately prepared for the academic program and will benefit significantly from their total college experience.
Southern's individualized program of admission assures that the student's experience through and since high school is taken into consideration. Appropriate innovative programs and courses taken through non-traditional curricula are also given full consideration. Therefore, students who believe they meet the spirit of the University admission program are encouraged to apply.
Students are admitted without regard to age, sex, race, color, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability, and it is expected that the student body will reflect a wide range of cultural values and backgrounds.
- Fresh Start - For formerly matriculated students who would like to be readmitted and disregard previous record.
- Part-Time Study - Work towards a degree while studying part time.
- Dual Admission Program - Enroll at the university while earning an associate's degree at one of the 12 CT Community Colleges.
- New England Regional Tuition - New England Regional Tuition Break Program permits qualified residents of the New England states to study with special admission and tuition privileges in certain programs at Southern.
- Go Back to Get Ahead - Limited-time program by the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities. CT residents can get up to three FREE 3-credit courses to finish their degrees.