Federal regulations require that students who have received a Federal Perkins Loan and/or Direct Stafford Loan (Subsidized & Unsubsidized) must complete an exit counseling session upon withdrawing, graduating or registering for less than half-time.
Direct Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)
Please follow the instructions below to complete the exit counseling session for a Federal Stafford and/or Direct Stafford Loan:
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov
2. Click on "Sign In"
3. Type your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and your PIN
number (this is the same pin number that you used to sign your FAFSA)
4. Click on "Complete Counseling"
5. Click on Exit Counseling start button
6. Select the School State: Connecticut
7. Select the School Name: Southern Connecticut State University
8. Click on "Add School"
9. Click on "Continue"
10. Complete the entire counseling session (upon completion you will receive a confirmation number).
Federal Perkins Loan
Please follow the instructions below to complete the exit counseling for the Federal Perkins Loan:
2. Click on Complete Online Counseling
3. Click on Perkins exit - If you have previously borrowed a Federal Perkins Loan.
4. Complete the entire counseling session (upon completion you will receive a confirmation number).
Students will have to complete both exit counseling sessions if they borrowed from the Direct Stafford and the Federal Perkins Loan program.
SCSU will be notified by StudentLoans.gov and/or "mapping your future" of all students who completed the required exit counseling.