Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies
POSITION TITLE: Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies
RANK: Administrator V
DEPARTMENT: Office of Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Chief Information Officer
SEARCH # S13-021
DATE POSTED: November 13, 2013
Coordinates the operations of the Department of Teaching and Learning Technologies within the Office of Information Technology, including media and instructional services for the University. Advises and makes recommendations regarding new and developing multimedia instructional and adaptive technology.
- Assists faculty in the operation of equipment, development and production of computer based multimedia instructional materials.
- Provides technical support for all academic and instructional technologies, including distance learning technologies, learning management systems, teleconferencing, multimedia, computer, and related technologies.
- Coordinates University wide distance (on-line) learning initiatives.
- Oversees, trains and supervises employees within Instructional Technology.
- Prepares and delivers training and support for faculty using various technology tools and course management systems.
- Assists in the design and planning of media facilities including Multimedia room, MM classrooms, media center frame room and related complex electronic equipment.
- Assists in the coordination, development, and application of computer technology in distance learning, adaptive technology, teleconferencing and advanced applications in instructional media.
- Oversees and provides technical support for video editing systems, audio/video studios and other AV production facilities.Prepares and maintains documents and budgets related to Instructional Technology.
- Oversees the management and directions of University Student Workers and University Assistants.
- Stays current in the field of multi-media and instructional technology in order to effectively support the University.
- Assists the CIO in implementing policies, need assessment, and planning for development of IT resources.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Master's degree in Instructional Media & Technology or a related area, and a minimum of five years practical, administrative, supervisory, and project management experience in the field required.
Demonstrated experience with a course management system required. Experience with other instructional tech tools as well as application upgrades required. . Must be innovative, service and team oriented, self-motivated, and capable of managing competing priorities. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
These requirements may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com.
PDF format is preferred. Please reference "Search # S13-021 – Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies" in the Subject line of your email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.