The Institute for Justice and Social Change is guided by the following values:
- Each and every human being holds an inherent value to contribute and shape a brighter future.
- Anti-racist and anti-oppression action is crucial for a healthy society.
- Access and inclusion are basic equity actions we must all undertake.
- Power is something that can be dismantled, harnessed, or transformed “for good.”
- Dignity, respect, kindness, compassion, and civility are the foundations of healthy interpersonal, institutional, systemic, and structural relationships.
- Dialogue, storytelling, and other communicative expressions are powerful forms of interpersonal, intercultural, interdisciplinary, and intergenerational connection and understanding.
- Collective and collaborative work is a core principle of meaningful change.
- Gratitude for the work, for the world, and for each other.
- The value of working with, in, and beyond our local community.