The International Youth Leadership Academy (IYLA) is designed to support immigrant, refugee and international student success, including academic, social-emotional, college and career readiness needs.
IYLA provides international students and their families with support, resources, strategies, knowledge, skills, network, a safe, and nurturing environment so all students with international background can succeed.
All immigrant, refugee and international students are encouraged to participate the International Youth Leadership Academy (IYLA) to receive assistance with a variety of issues, such as:
School Adjustment and Success
Scholarship and Financial Aid Counseling
Expedition and Field Trips
21st Century Skills
Leadership and Advocacy
Social and Cultural Network
Family Support and Training
Inquiry & Project Based STEM Learning,
World Language Education
Service Learning Project
At least 8 registered students are required to start a class.
To select a course or get more information about International Youth Leadership Academy, please contact Dr. Olcay Yavuz (email@example.com), Founding Director of The International Youth Leadership Academy.
World Language Courses
School Success Support Courses
- Elementary Mathematics
- Middle School Mathematics
- High School Mathematics
- Elementary Reading and Writing
- Middle School Reading and Writing
- High School Reading and Writing
- Middle School Science State Olympiad Team
- High School Biology
- High School Chemistry and Physics
- Self-Study and Homework Support
University Exam Prep Courses
- PSAT Mathematics (Middle School)
- PSAT Reading & Writing (Middle School)
- SAT Mathematics (Grade 9-12)
- SAT Reading & Writing (Grade 9-12)
- College Career and Life Readiness Courses
- Life Skills & Character Education (Elementary)
- Life Skills & Character Education (Middle School)
- College and Career Readiness (High School)
- Soccer Game/Activities in GYM
- Basketball Game/Activities in GYM
- Volleyball Game/Activities in GYM
- Visit the Touchnet Store to complete your purchase.
- Complete the International Leadership Youth Academy Registration Form.
Students who wish to withdraw from The International Youth Leadership Academy (IYLA) must submit a formal request to the program director, Dr. Yavuz by email or telephone. Refunds will vary depending upon the timing of the request as follows:
- To receive a full refund (100%) of the program fees, parents must request a formal withdrawal at least five (5) business days prior to the start of the class.
- To receive a 50% refund of the program fees, parents must request a formal withdrawal anytime between four (4) business days prior to the class up until the official start time.
- Parents will not receive a refund once the class has officially started.
All payments should be made payable to Southern Connecticut State University. Parents have the option to pay by credit card through the online registration and payment portal by clicking on the Register Now button.
Credit card transactions are currently assessed a 2.75% non-refundable convenience fee, and we accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
Please contact us if you have questions regarding registration or would like more details of this program.
Dr. Olcay Yavuz, Founding Director of The International Youth Leadership Academy
SCSU, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Phone: (203) 392-5442