Structure of Program
The Master of Business Administration Program at Southern prepares both students and practicing professionals to build and improve their management skills to successfully perform in leadership positions in for-profit and nonprofit businesses and governmental organizations. The program offers flexibility through its traditional and accelerated MBA (AMBA) formats. Course work is divided into nine (9) required courses and four (4) elective/concentration courses. Concentrations in the following functional areas are built through the use of elective credits: Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Administration, International Business, Management, and Marketing.
Enrollment in the traditional program can be either full-time or part-time, while the AMBA is a full-time cohort program that begins each fall semester and is not offered on part-time basis. Course work offerings are available on-ground, online, or in a combination of the two beginning Fall 2021. Admissions to both MBA programs are conducted on a rolling basis and the student’s maximum full-time enrollment in the program cannot exceed four (4) courses or 12 credits per term.
Traditional MBA Program
- Allows you flexibility to be full-time or part-time
- Concentrations are offered in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, International Business, and Healthcare Management
- Fall and Spring Semester
- Weekday meetings from 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM and 8:05 PM - 10:35 PM
- Online courses and Saturday courses are also offered
- Summer Session
- Meet twice weekly 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Winter Session
- Online courses
Accelerated MBA Program (AMBA) - [FULL-TIME]
- 15-month completion, which begins every Fall; students take two courses during the first eight weeks and two courses during the second eight weeks, a total of four courses per semester.
- Cohort format, allowing students to start and finish with the same group of people.
- Semesters are broken into two sessions, allowing students to take 1-2 courses concurrently.
- Hybrid class format with some courses on-ground, and some courses online.
- All scheduled on-ground classes will be held every other Saturday from 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Visit the Student Accounts Office for cost, payment, and deadline information.
- Please note: The AMBA Program is not offered to International students.
- Our next Cohort (8) will begin August 2021.
- Mandatory Orientation (usually scheduled two weeks before classes begin).
- Students are responsible for buying textbooks.
- If you are applying for financial aid it’s important that you plan your finances effectively so that you can attend school full-time in the summer. Please talk to the Financial Aid Office (203) 392-2522.
Students in the cohort are full-time students even in the summer.
You will be responsible for: 1st Year FALL, SPRING, AND SUMMER Bill as FULL-TIME Student, 2nd Year FALL as FULL-TIME Student.
- Apply via the Graduate School Application
- You will receive an email with your Application Form ID immediately upon submission. One-to-two business days later you will receive a second email with your ID number which you will use to login - see the MBA Application Process information.
- Once your application is complete and ready for review, if your Undergraduate GPA was 3.00 or higher, the GMAT requirement will be waived.
- International students interested in the MBA Program must let the MBA Director know directly, as there is co-admission between the Graduate Office and the International Students Office.